Operated from the following hotels: JW Marriott, Barceló Langosta Beach, Westin Conchal, Tamarindo Beach Hotels, Flamingo Beach Resort Riu Guanacaste, Riu Palace, Grand Papagayo, Villas Sol Playa Hermosa, Secrets Papagayo and Andaz Papagayo.
Rincón de la Vieja is one of the most active volcanoes in Costa Rica. It is a rigorous but spectacular, breathtaking hike around the area of Las Pailas, geothermal wonders! Over 300 species of birds have been recorded to live within the park. Along the hike, you will enjoy of around 32 rivers on this protected area, including the Colorado River and the Rio Blanco. The last one carves through a white volcanic ash call ignimbrite. These rivers provide water to the Tempisque River, one of the most important in the Guanacaste province.
Days of Operation: Wednesday and Friday.
Duration: 8 hours aprox.
Pick Up Time: From 6:40 a.m. to 7:20 a.m. (depends on the hotel location).
Services Included: Round trip A/C transportation, bilingual guide, entrance fee, and lunch.
What is recommended to bring: Light clothing, hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera, money and extra change of clothes. Copy of passport.
- There must be a minimum of 2 people to run this tour.
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions, physical limitations or pregnant women.
- This park is closed on Mondays.
- Children under 6 years old are not allowed.
- Children from 7 to 11 years pay a child rate.
- Children over 11 years old pay as adult.